NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Alright, so I've read today's announcement 5 times now looking...

1. 292 Posts.
    Alright, so I've read today's announcement 5 times now looking for something new. I can't see it. Why is everyone so happy? All I get is a sense of deja vu. So I looked at the 7/12/10 announcement again.

13/1/11: "The Roka Phasha and Bengenyama communities have made joint applications together with Genorah as the economic partner for the re awarding of the rights on both Eerste Geluk and Nooitverwacht farms. In Nkwe's opinion, both communities who made the joint applications represent all relevant community interests on the two farms combined."

7/12/10: "Nkwe, Genorah and the local communities representing the farms affected by the Decision have already met and resolved to proceed with new application to the DMR."

Today's announcement appears to have been taken by many to mean that the outstanding Bengs (ie those who won in the Concourt) have come on board the gravy train and all is well in Limpopo.

But the dissenting communities (who are referred to on 7/12/10 as the "Applicants") are not specifically mentioned in today's announcement. They were not considered "relevant community interests" by NKP on 7/12/10 and there is no mention that NKP's position has changed in today's announcement.

On 7/12/10: "Nkwe has been advised by its major shareholder Genorah Resources that Roka- Phasha Tribal Authority intends to pursue legal action against the Applicants for
    misrepresentation made to the Constitutional Court as to their status within the community..."

NKP still considers the "Applicants" not to be "relevant community interests," and appears to hope the DMR will agree. Either way this will be tied up in legal tape for years, IMO.

I can't be bothered commenting in detail on the second part (ie re Anglo) as it is simply a re statement of the position stated on 7/12/10. Take a look.

Another nothing announcement. Very disappointing. I hate to say it but baby's going to need a new pair of shoes for a while longer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.