I think you summed up Brexit perfectly!People reminiscing about...

1. 4,558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 530
    I think you summed up Brexit perfectly!

People reminiscing about the bygone times when Britain was top dog and others submitted to it's will.
    I guess that's why Brexiters thought they'll just demand whatever they are pleased with from EU and reject anything they are displeased with.
    I guess that's why the Brexiters thought EU will just fall to their knees and submit to what nostalgic imperialists demand.

They are gonna rebuild trade with Commonwealth and be great superpower again.
    I'll have to disappoint you there:
    There are other big dogs on the playground now: USA, EU, China, Russia. And Britain is as significant as Italy, these days. Sorry!
    Most of the ex colonies hate Britain, the ones that don't hate Britain already can do free trade with (can't have more free trade than that).
    Australia and Canada are USA bitches now. It's USA that dismantled the lovely empire you reminisce about and I'm afraid: they don't want to share.
    Our top trade partner is China. Canada's is USA and Britain can only be India's bitch, not the other way around.
    There isn't much we need from Britain, we have plenty of fish.
    We must buy USA weapons because we're their bitches now. I'm afraid Britain doesn't have Google, Apple, Netflix and we buy Asian cars and they buy our coal and iron.

I don't know where you think Britain would fit there.
    As I said: Britain can trade as much as it wants with Australia as it is, through EU free trade agreements. It's the same case with USA, Canada, Japan, China.
    I doubt Brexiters will find them any more receptive then EU. When it comes to imperialistic ideals that Britain can get what it wants from others without paying the price for the deal...

I think Brexiters are in for tge rude awakening. But they can always blame the EU for whatever comes next, I guess!

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.