PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

Thesi’s soapbox questions for Ken Brinsden, page-71

1. 8,739 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    Hi @You3OAte

As mentioned there is unlikely to be shared any information that would constitute anything more than what may be known.

However for myself I can see somethings within the response that were enlightening.

The idea was to approach from a layman investor view right through to someone that would be more advanced in their understanding of the potential for the company product.

Initially I had questions that referenced back to his experience within iron ore however pulled back on those to allow him to come forth which he did so very well, projecting an alternative view to that of a single commodity.

Of course it is likely the response was vetted however it is able to be seen the frank viewpoint he was willing to offer.

The third question he said the word that immediately came to my mind when it came to the contrasting thoughts being presented of a lithium bubble.

" I want to call bullshit on the lithium bubble thesis for all the reasons you listed above and a couple more."

Further followed by a clear explanation that entirely debunks any view that there is a bubble.

"Neither supply nor demand are ever going to be static, and any statement about either has to be time-bound. Further, supply and demand are a function of an incentive price to inspire new supply and a purchase price to secure supply. Clearly the market today is sending signals that it requires new supply, with the price now well disconnected from the historical norm. In fact the domestic price in China signals new supply is required urgently, and import price movements to China indicate a longer run of elevated pricing to incentivise new production."

Regarding any discussion about a merger or take over.

"Of course if someone launched a credible bid, then Pilbara’s board would be compelled to consider it in light of our own Company objectives. Right now that’s not something we have to consider, but like you we don’t know what the future holds…… "

Indicates an open mind to consider possibilities.

His quote.

“Ken, anybody can do more with more, however it takes great people to do more with less”

Indicates he is a driven person that is willing to give it a go despite whatever odds might be against him.

He also focused in on his team and the culture he would like to promote within the business.

His last answer regarding why anyone should put their hard earned into Pilbara Minerals.

There was a good view worth considering that gives somewhat of a checklist for anyone new to investing in the lithium industry.

Of course there is much more that I gathered from the interview and at first I was unsure how many questions would be appropriate to ask. It was about providing a diverse range of questions that would allow him to present his own views of the market, the company and also present a bit more about himself.

Lastly, anyone that I have spoken with about the responses immediately point out how eloquent he writes whilst being down to earth. Ken clearly isn't lost in the position he holds and continually makes himself accessible and is present, I have seen him on twitter responding directly. How many MD's make that kind of an effort and provide their own personal touch?

As mentioned in the interview I saw him live presenting. Ken is very professional and well spoken.

It is my interactions with him that have drawn my interests closer to this stock.

It is my perception that what he has is quite unique as is the resource that Pilbara holds.
    Last edited by Thesi: 21/10/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.06
Change
0.040(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $9.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.04 $3.12 $3.02 $47.88M 15.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 321604 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 269930 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.