MBP 3.23% 3.0¢ metabolic pharmaceuticals limited

they admit it!!

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    In response to the ASX query about the price hike and the increased volume, MBP of course claim pure ignorance as to any reason why that occurred.

However, more telling, was the paragraph that reads along the lines of "We are a drug development company and generate no income, only expenses. We anticipate losses will be 15 to 25% greater this year due to development costs and drug trials".

That's my paraphrasing of the release, but it's pretty close. They admit to being a pure loss generator, and that the loss will be 15 to 25% greater this year.

Now why the heck would anyone want to buy shares in a company like that other than pure short-term volatility trading? All the ramping in the worls about what they MIGHT end up selling to a pharmaceutical company is just hot air and hope.

The share price can turn on a 5-cent piece and head in exactly the opposite direction from where you think it should be going. Many people have been burned by this one. I had some a long time ago, and sold them for about the same as I paid - I was lucky. Others have made money, many have lost.

Good reasons to stay well out of it in my 'umble opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.