CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

re: uranium cos moving on talk of enrichment In light of the...

1. 323 Posts.
    re: uranium cos moving on talk of enrichment
    In light of the talk about U enrichment, I thought I'd share with you guys some info about a little known company called Silex Systems.

*Definately not a ramp (I actually want the price to drop back to a level where I can top up :) but info I feel will be of interest to fellow holders of CMR who are big on U.

In case you don't know Silex is an Australian research co based at Lucas Heights which has developed a world first in technology for enriching Uranium, and recently licensed this to GE !! VERY hush hush - been working on for 7 years and had to be signed off by US Govt as part of non-proliferation treaty - but importantly is the only co in the world to have successfully developed a laser-based tech to enrich U. The benefits being much greater efficiency (higher yields of enriched U) a reduction in the cost to enrich U by up to 80% when compared to the traditional centrifuge process, and ability to reprocess waste materials for reuse!!

This has long been the holy grail of enrichment (France the US and numerous others tried and failed). Though still in the testing phase the agreement signed with GE makes for astronomical profits once the technology is commercialized (seriously recommend doing some reading on this - either HC, SS, or Silex website :).

The ties between the Aus govt and Silex, the US Govt and GE make it HIGHLY probable that a GE/Silex backed enrichment plant would be the first second and third option IF there's any enrichment going to happen here.

Either way though the tech (like all good aussie inventions) is moving to the US in the new year.

My personal view (and it's only an opinion) is a SLX and CMR combo could be a logical one for anyone serious about the potential of U in this country (or worldwide) long term, but be advised the road to enrichment riches is loooong. If Johnny said yes tomorrow you've got to figure 5+ years to set up infrastructure etc, before a single Oz of enriched U is produced.

Hope this is interesting if only to help people better understand another facet of the budding U industry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.