LYC 0.78% $7.76 lynas rare earths limited

they attacking with passion we complain in hc, page-27

1. 75 Posts.
    "There were at least eight leukemia cases in five years among a population of only 11,000 people (five times higher than the expected incidence for Malaysia). The residents of Kuantan fear a repeat of the Bukit Merah experience (but on a much larger scale as the Lynas factory will be ten times the size)."

8 cases over 5 years is not proof in itself. Averages are exactly that, they average the highs and lows of an outcome about a mean value. In this case, the prevalence of leukemia. To compare a short recording of data and say, "look, this is far higher than the national average, it must be due to this", i misinterpeting the numbers, at best. At worst, its more scaremongering.

This spill happened ~20 years ago right? How many cases has there been since it happened and compare that to the average.

I saw an interview with Fuzzy recently put up by another poster when she was talking about the slow death that this plant and its products will cause. Then, like all good propaganda spinners, she re-iterated her sentance and said it again, saying it would be a slow and painful death. Wtf? How educated is this person?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.