"What utter incompetence. --- it's certainly a mess - and, we...

1. 80,490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "What utter incompetence. ---
    it's certainly a mess - and, we need to learn from it - I guess that's what the inquiry is for.

"No one in charge. "

"No one taking responsibility."

Well that's just not true ------- Dan Andrews has said many times that he takes full responsibility for what happens in Vic on his watch - so, our right wing seem too easy to forget that -

Also, what's glossed over is that this WAS a FEDERAL RESPONSIBILITY -- why? because it was about international travelers entering Australia and being quarantined ------------ that's FEDERAL -

what happened was that the Federal government gave up the responsibility and handed it to the states to work --

Now - we should not forget that when we look to what to do in the future -

We also saw that Border force were not held responsible for the entry of ships - which is IMO - nothing short of 'hello' wtf

there's got to be some real sorting out done on what the Federal governments roles are here for the future - personally, I think it's an entire dogs breakfast
    No one making the right call. No one remembering - or no one that we can be sure about."

That any of this should have needed to be decided on the run is ridiculous and for the Federal government to handball it to each state to do it their individual ways is equally ridiculous ---------- surely at least - be consistent across the states and territories.

There's also huge differences in opinion on whether police (state) or Federal or ADF or civilian security should be used for roles like this - I hope like hell that someone is thinking if there should be another defined group - because there's clearly arguments against all of the above

"No one making the right call. No one remembering - or no one that we can be sure about."

that's because it was handball on the run -- the commonwealth ditching control and flicking it to each state

People seem very quick to blame Dan Andrews - but, the reality is - it was a Federal responsibility and it stuffed up - so, if Andrews needs to take flack - so does the Australian government - because it WAS their call

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.