LYC 1.74% $6.76 lynas rare earths limited

They had their protest today, if anyone cares....., page-7

1. 408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 87
    Wong Tack to launch petition to find out elected representatives' stand on LynasNATIONSunday, 18 Aug 20193:14 PM MYTBy ONG HAN SEANimage: https://apicms.thestar.com.my/uploads/images/2019/08/18/219793.jpgWong TackKUANTAN: Bentong MP Wong Tack (pic) will launch a campaign to take a headcount of elected representatives who are for or against Lynas."The petition form will be put up on Himpunan Hijau's website by Monday (Aug 19). The people can download the form and ask their elected representatives to make their stand known."The deadline is next Friday (Aug 23), whereby we will present the petition to the Cabinet, " Wong said when met at Save Malaysia, Stop Lynas' rally here Sunday (Aug 17).Wong's presence at the rally drew heckles from several protesters who chanted "Tunai janji" at him.The anti-Lynas activist, however, said he had never wavered from his fight against the operations of the rare earth refinery in Gebeng here."We should not let just a few individuals determine the fate of the people, " said Wong in apparent reference to the Cabinet.On MCA vice-president Datuk Seri Ti Lian Ker's call for him to dissociate from Pakatan Harapan, Wong said Ti did not have any moral right to make such a demand since it was under the Barisan Nasional administration that Lynas was allowed in the first place."Ti should call for a forum right now and invite me to debate with him, " said Wong.Similarly, PKR's Teruntum assemblyman Sim Chon Siang said he had never made a U-turn on his stand against Lynas."I am still against Lynas and frankly, I dislike what Tun Dr Mahathir said on Lynas. To me, Lynas' radioactive waste must not remain in Malaysia, " he said.The seven Pahang DAP assemblymen had also declared their stand in opposing Lynas.They questioned why the government decided to send back foreign rubbish and yet allowed radioactive residue from rare earth processing to remain in the countrRead more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/18/wong-tack-to-launch-petition-to-find-out-elected-representatives039-stand-on-lynas#lrvh7kHlfUlhDHaV.99

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.76
Change
-0.120(1.74%)
Mkt cap ! $6.332B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.75 $6.83 $6.72 $6.713M 992.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 11537 $6.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.76 6143 29
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.16pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.