They hate him who reproves in the gate, and they abhor him who...

1. 644 Posts.
    They hate him who reproves in the gate, and they abhor him who speaks the truth. (Amos 5:10 ESV)

Whoever corrects a scoffer gets himself abuse, and he who reproves a wicked man incurs injury. Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you. (Proverbs 9:7-8 ESV)

Ahab said to Elijah, "Have you found me, O my enemy?" He answered, "I have found you, because you have sold yourself to do what is evil in the sight of the LORD. (1 Kings 21:20 ESV)

And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "There is yet one man by whom we may inquire of the LORD, Micaiah the son of Imlah, but I hate him, for he never prophesies good concerning me, but evil." And Jehoshaphat said, "Let not the king say so." (1 Kings 22:8 ESV)

Jesus said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is always here. The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify about it that its works are evil. (John 7:6-7 ESV)

If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father also. If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. (John 15:22-24 ESV)

Last edited by TheWayOfHoliness: Yesterday, 20:58

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.