I believe there is a furnace researching the economical...

1. 9,562 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 449
    I believe there is a furnace researching the economical recycling of wind turbine tower Q&T construction grade steel.As posted the wall thickness of these towers is more than 600mm thick (hmm thick) but anyway, the pieces must be 600mm X 600MM X1200mm to fit into furnace as posted.
    But there is a foundry that craned in a piece of this chemically and heat treated steel into their furnace 2 years ago.
    They are still trying to melt the already heat treated steel.
    This is why we need more gas,to melt the wind turbine towers piece by piece..
    ps i guess you invested in lakes energy knowing that conventional gas development was banned in victoria in 2017.?
    But the good news,dan plans to allow the development of conventional gas in the ottways and gippsland in mid 2021,so maybe its worth holding onto to yr lakes energy shares.Plus ,thats plus in victorian waters.
    coopers etc believe they will be able to increase supply once the 2017 ban is lifted.Happy days,cheaper gas prices plus the foundry can continue trying to melt that piece of steel.smile.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.