BHP 0.37% $43.40 bhp group limited

re: bargain prices blind bats chinese Hi BBI liked this quote...

1. 9,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1119
    re: bargain prices blind bats chinese Hi BB

I liked this quote you posted:

"The Chinese are also saying that every 100 Chinese will own 4 cars by 2010(!!!!). That's alot of copper and other commodities (not to mention oil)."

I would definitely have to agree with your interpretation. That's a bloody huge amount of commodities. Let's see now 4 cars per 100 Chinese. That would be 25 Chinese per car. Now they aren't the biggest folk on the planet and they are economy minded but I reckon it would still take a fairly sizeable car to squeeze 25 Chinese in. Now I've seen world record attempts on phone boxes and Mini Minors but you still have to drive and find room to fit the chooks, the days trading goods and possibly the family pig. So I reckon we are talking something the size of say 3 standard passenger vans.

Now with 1.6 billion people in China that would be about 64 million * 3 standard minivan equivalents or 192 million standard minivans. Now presuming they go for cars made of metal that's one heck of a load of steel, then there's the zinc for corrosion protection, the aluminium in the modern engine block and how about the alloys for those O so slick racing looks that the Japanese tend to favour - can't let the nasty neighbours be too far out in front at the lights hey?

And the list goes on. Imagine if we turned our sights on the other modern conveniences we take for granted - like washing machines. Man how big a washing machine would you need for 25 Chinese? Well they aren't the biggest folk on the planet and they are economy minded but......

: )

Woohoo, gotta love the Chinese, and then there's nearly as many Indians just over the hills!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.