GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

That's interesting hellosailor, but in his rebuttal of those...

1. 2,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    That's interesting hellosailor, but in his rebuttal of those specific comments I think he still covers what this thread is about ("All paper money is suspect these days") and I agree with his comments re the Greece problem being papered over which will provide support for the Euro short term:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jim-rogers-denies-saying-pound-will-collapse-2010-02-26?dist=beforebell

"I am on record as saying the U.K. has serious problems over the next few years and the pound sterling has serious problems over the next few years as well," Rogers said in the interview. "I would say the same about a lot of currencies. All paper money is suspect these days."

Rogers said he has no position in the pound, long or short, and that he holds no U.K. assets.

He said he is long the euro, however.

"I think the euro probably will survive this bout with the Greeks," Rogers said.

He argues that European leaders will likely paper over Greece's problems, which will provide short-term support to the common currency. Alternatively "Greece will go bankrupt." If it does, according to Rogers, the euro should rally because investors will see that Europeans are serious about enforcing fiscal discipline on member states.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.