PDN 1.63% $12.65 paladin energy ltd

So many opportunities here, and probably a few conflicting...

1. 208 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    So many opportunities here, and probably a few conflicting views, understandably. I guess the first concern most have is, "What's going to happen to the share price tomorrow?" - and from my perspective, it really doesn't worry me too much. I've just transferred a large chunk of money into my trading account, in order to take advantage of any fall in the price tomorrow. I will admit, the reasoning behind raising almost a quarter of a billion dollars, and its timing, is a little beyond me, however, I don't have access to the inner workings and strategic thoughts of PDN management. Is there a restart imminent? If so, one might presume it would rapidly bolster the share price, regardless of the addition of almost 615 million shares ($215 million at .35c), so we may see a quick bounce in the shares, once financing is in place. My biggest concern, as always with these financing deals, is that the shares on issue increase in number, then some egghead in accounting decides to reduce the number in total by doing a say, 1 for 10 consolidation - and that, from my experience, has never led to a good outcome, since the shorters will again, quickly pounce on any opportunity to drive the share price down. I suppose the effects of this fund raising and share value dilution will be ameliorated by the general strength of uranium stocks across the board - the question will be whether or not the funds who take up an offer to invest decide to hold, or flip their investments for a quick gain - we all know fund managers are only ever looking for the quickest way to make a buck - so it will be interesting to see, tomorrow morning, just what impact this has on the share price, and how quickly others will be to swoop in and gather up any perceived bargains. Personally, I don't see the share price plunging drastically, and if it should, it probably won't stay down for long. Its the old 'herd mentality' that will dictate how it plays out in the short term. Just because player 'A' (the instos) gets offered a bite of the cherry at a cheaper price than player 'B' (that's us), it doesn't make the value of the share any less - it simply means that player 'A' gets to make a higher profit when selling their investment. Not too sure that a 24-25% discount on the current share price (46-46.5c) is warranted, maybe 15-20% would have been a better arrangement. As Bannerman CEO, Brandon Munro pointed out recently, one needs to make it attractive enough to get the dollar commitment (to paraphrase), but again, it seems that Australian fund managers have a unique type of greed - they want everything for almost nothing. Kind of makes me wish that perhaps CNNC might just wade in and stump up the cash at say .39c, and shut the door on the Australian instos. Regardless, I certainly won't be selling.

But then again, that's just me......

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.65
Change
-0.210(1.63%)
Mkt cap ! $3.782B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.60 $12.80 $12.56 $23.49M 1.849M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4500 $12.63

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.66 3571 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.