RHC 0.59% $47.46 ramsay health care limited

Things ain't what they used to be

1. 16,390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    Speaking as an ex-holder (refugee from Julia Gillard) I have to say that standards have slipped in standards of hospitality & care over recent times.
    My good lady has been a patient several times over the years & I have had quite a few day surgeries.
    But what I observed over the past week was an eye opener.
    First the food. My wife said the meals have gone downmarket from chef supervised to the product of a second rate cook. The food is oversalted (in a hospital!!!) presumably to disguise the poor quality of the ingredients such as meat. Such things as toast made the night before and put in a paper bag for the morning. Cakes etc made with high.content of bicarb as a raising agent. Examples too numerous to quote and not the Ramsey service of old. She said, from her bed, she was able to see trolleys laden with food sent back uneaten which speaks for itself. I will add that.my wife was in her day a hospitality teacher and a food exhibits judge at the Royal Easter Show.
    Now the care. Whereas the Southern Highlands Hospital was once predominantly staffed by Australian born nurses, now it's mainly Indian/Nepalese etc. Nothing wrong with that in principle but in practice there seems, as I observed myself, to be dangers in practice. Medications given out of time, medication schedules not present when needed. Lackadaisical attitude but with a most pleasant and kindly personality.

Ramsay, I believe you have sacrificed quality & attention to detail for the sake of the dollar. That never pays in the end.
    Last edited by alonso: 09/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$47.46
Change
0.280(0.59%)
Mkt cap ! $10.90B
Open High Low Value Volume
$47.36 $47.68 $47.15 $22.55M 475.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1 $47.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$47.47 2558 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.