MSB 2.29% $1.07 mesoblast limited

things I've learnt over the last 14 months

1. 26 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I've just old my final mesoblast shares in the last few weeks, having only held for around 14 months. Have made a 35% profit in that time, and I'm glad I'm out. Here's why:

1) There is something very unprofessional about the corporate updates and other communication this company provides. I'm not sure if it reflect dodginess or incompetence, but I'm not comfortable with them having my money
    2) this company essentially has 1 product. They then package and brand this single product under multiple names and have somehow convinced some people that they have cures to multiple previously incurable diseases. Does this seem likely? Also, the TGA has just spoken its mind on the re-packaging of a single drug for multiple individual diseases (Ibuprofen).
    3) Stem cells were supposed to be used to grow new tissue (e.g. for damaged hearts, damaged spinal cords). This hasn't happened. And it looks to me like stem cell companies are having to find uses for their very expensive products by testing them against every incurable disease out there. I am a doctor (in an unrelated field), but I did attend a half-day session on stem cells last year at a North American conference, and all the researchers there thought that clinical applications are at least a decade away. Of note and relevance to mesoblast, they used the GVHD product as an example of a failed drug (and failed company), and a paediatric cardiac surgeon from Boston presented on using stem cells for congenital heart disease and basically just present a series of negative studies. He was not optimistic. I don't think MSB is going to be curing any previously incurable diseases anytime soon.
    4) As seen on this message board, people are either believers or non-believers, and tend to have very strong feelings either way. This doesn't happen for companies whose science is solid (e.g. CSL).
    5) Financing and capital raising - the way this companies deals with investment banks and stock brokers is amateur, even by Australian standard. They have been taken for a ride, and there is no reason to think it won't happen again.

If I was interested in trading, I can see how it is possible to make money out of this company. I generally hold for the long term, and this company is not for me.

I'll continue to follow with interest. Good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
-0.025(2.29%)
Mkt cap ! $1.227B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.10 $1.10 $1.06 $4.942M 4.613M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 70659 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 43531 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.