SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

things you dont know about

1. 104 Posts.
    i have been involving both chinese and australian share market for a while. one thing i found out is that so many long term shareholders here barely know anything about chinese companies or more specifically how they manipulate media to create fear in the market. now i want tell you guys a new phase (known by most of the chinese investors), remember it well cause we are dealing with some of them here on different stock forums including hotcopper...

The 50 Cent Party (wu mao dang in mandarin)

The 50 Cent Party are Internet commentators hired by the government of the People's Republic of China (both local and central) or the Communist Party to post comments favorable towards party policies in an attempt to shape and sway public opinion on various Internet message boards.[1][2] The commentators are said to be paid for every post that either steers a discussion away from anti-party or sensitive content on domestic websites, bulletin board systems, and chatrooms,[3] or that advances the Communist party line.[4][5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

it is obvious before NDRC announcement or any formal report came out on 1/8/12, some of the people on forum have already spreading rumors about hanlong lowering the bid. i felt very suspicious back then. i have been reading all the chinese media report on NDRC approval in mardarin. 95% of them DID NOT mention any thing about lowering the bid, only a few media from hongkong reported about the renegotiation.

there are 3 types of 'The 50 Cent Party' on each aussie stock forum

1) the person directly downramp the stock by suggesting chinese GDP are the only indication of iron ore price and therefore during economy like this, we are just lucky to have a company buy our worthless iron ore project

2) the person pretends to be long term holder who are tried of waiting and emotion swings cause by the uncertainty and therefore suggesting everyone to accept whatever they got just like him/her.

3) the person started off with a lot of detailed research on the deal to gain reputation and trust through rating system
    and when they successful achieving so downramping the share immediately to convince more audience.

on the other hand, sdl wasnt so innocent either, the reason why they taking 40M share placement by institutional investors before the NDRC approval was that they knew it would be very hard to breach the SIA to renegotiate a higher price, so they rather diluted current shareholders holdings to get more cash from the deal in a easy quick way.

after years of bullying from rio tinto and foreign miners , (plz read Rio Tinto espionage casehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_Tinto_espionage_case)
    the wave of tide has turned, china can actually take their revenge on aussie mining companies.

last but not at least, did you really think former hanlong employee plead guilty of inside trading the day before NDRC approval announcement was merely coincidence? think again !!

they really want it

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.