MBN 0.00% 8.3¢ mirabela nickel limited

A little off topic, but may be of interest to those who are...

1. 1,281 Posts.
    A little off topic, but may be of interest to those who are questioning the sp.

Hi CDU'ers,

Hereunder is the text of an email that I have forwarded to Senator John Williams. Senator for New South Wales, and Chairman of the up-coming Senate Inquiry into the Australian Securities and Investments Commission(ASIC).

Copies have also been sent to:
    Hon Bob Katter MP
    Mr Andrew Wilkie MP
    Senator Nick Xenophon
    Hon George Brandis SC Attorney General
    Ms. G........ M........ Journalist, New Yok Times
    Mr I.. C...., Chairman, Australian Shareholders' Association.
    The Editor ,Australian Financial Review.
    Mr A... K....., Business Spectator.
    Program Manager, ABC 7.30 Report
    Mr H..... T....., The Australian
    Mr Michael West, Faifax Media
    Ms A.... F......., Faifax Media
    Mr Clive Palmer, Palmer United Party.
    Hon Joe Hockey,MP, Treasurer.

Dear................

Copy for you information.

Yours sincerely,

Maxw--

Subject: CuDeco(CDU) Limited Trading

"Senator John Williams,
    Senator for New South Wales,
    National Party Whip in the Senate.

Dear Senator John Williams,

I refer to my email of the 18th September, 2013, concerning the trading of CuDeco(CDU) Limited Securities on the ASX.

It has since transpired that the resignation of two Directors of the Australian Securities Exchange(ASX) for malpractice,(who were also Directors of Manikay Partners), became necessary because of malpractice in trading in the United States of America. This comes at an opportune time for the Senate Inquiry looking into the Australian Securities and Investments Commission(ASIC) beginning in October, 2013.

I am of the opinion that it is most unlikely that this type of activity , involving manipulative and illegal shorting practices was confined solely to activities outside Australia by these people.

It could be the case that CuDeco(CDU) Limited and other companies may have received similar unwanted attention here in Australia.

In the case of CuDeco(CDU) Limited, trading of securities, especially on the 18th August, 2010, and the circulation at the time of the unsigned "F...... S..........." report to subscribers, warrant a thorough investigation. ASIC have refused to do an audit and will not give me an answer on the "F..... S..........." report or discuss the matter over the phone. It is an area of trading screaming for investigation.

The above matters too, certainly put the Australian Securities Exchange(ASX) in a rather bad light. This is re-emphasised in the "CuDeco Shareholder Research" Document. A must read by the Senate Inquiry Committee. It is mind-boggling research that has been thoroughly undertaken. It demands proper auditing to get to the facts.

What I consider to be essential is for an investigation into the CuDeco(CDU) Limited trading without any ASIC involvement.

ASIC has proven to be a poor performer, e.g. Commonwealth Bank affair. Therefore, the Senate Inquiry would be wise to appoint an independent investigator and leave ASIC out. Of course, a Royal Commission is the most appropriate method. It would turn the Financial System upside-down.

Anyway,appropriate action by the Senate Committee would enable a true picture to be seen, with transparency paramount in assessing the problems needing remedial attention for the good and fair operation of the share market. All honest share holders need to enjoy justice.

Yours sincerely,

Maxw..."

Referred for the information of CDU shareholders concerned.

cheers,

Max

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.