SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

think it won't happen?, page-85

1. 302 Posts.
    ......pearls of wisdom from ourlady....

"If silver went to 300 I would purchase a property that has enough land to run a few animals and vegies for self sustenance.

Stay with tangible assets till a decent p/metals or asset back currency is properly re-established.

May need a few sixshooters too.

But no joke, the time is coming in my view."

@kaya

Chess - a game.

Survival depends upon being 3 to 5 "moves" ahead of your competitor.

Hyperinflation - not a game.

Survival demands being 3 to 5 "moves" ahead.

Silver - not just about buying silver.

It is about acquiring tangible, fungible assets that will appreciate in value.

US The National Inflation Association [NIA] has produced some interesting material about a world in hyperinflation.

"In July of 1977, cocoa reached a high of $5,379.20 per metric ton, which based on the CPI is $19,262.74 per metric ton in today's dollars.

Based on the way NIA calculates real price inflation, by eliminating geometric weighting and hedonics, cocoa's real inflation adjusted high in July of 1977 was $62,837.17 per metric ton.

NIA expects cocoa to reach new inflation adjusted highs this decade and if so, the average price for a Hershey?s Milk Chocolate 1.55 oz candy bar in your grocery store will likely rise to around $15.50."

OK - Chocolate is a luxury - what about bread?

"Wheat futures are currently trading for $7.14 per bushel and the average grocery store sells a 24 oz loaf of the cheapest store brand of wheat bread for $1.69.

In February of 1974, wheat reached a high of $6.45 per
    bushel, which based on the CPI is $29.85 per bushel in
    today's dollars.

Based on the way NIA calculates real price inflation, by eliminating geometric weighting and hedonics, wheat's real inflation adjusted high in February of 1974 was $97.37 per bushel.

NIA expects wheat to reach new inflation adjusted highs this decade and if so, the average price for a 24 oz loaf of the cheapest store brand of wheat bread in your grocery store will likely rise to around $23.05."

Source: http://inflation.us/foodpriceprojections.pdf

I reckon that ourlady is onto something here....and so is the US NIA.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.