MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Here's the point folks many are missing.These deals must be...

1. 649 Posts.
    Here's the point folks many are missing.

These deals must be win-win.

For the seller (ie MEO) presumably there is a reason for wanting the cash. Presumably also they believe it is in existing shareholders best interests to take the cash at 52 cents. That after all is their job and what we pay them for...to look after our interests. Until we know for sure WHAT the money will be used for exactly, WE ARE IN NO POSITION TO JUDGE. Management clearly were of the view that the extra cash at 52 cents was a GOOD THING! In my vew, we do not have sufficient info to dispute that.

For the buyer (in this case a big buyer) with limited time to purchase, they equally wanted a "win". In their case, the stakes were higher than they are for many many shareholders. They were putting at risk a substantial amount of many relative to the amount invested by your average MEO shareholder. And lets not be shy..its a high risk ! In coming weeks these shares will go one way or the other and be either significantly higher or significantly lower than 52 cents.

These deals do not happen if both parties do not feel like they got value. ie win -win. As a shareholder, I am completely ok with it provided we do get the value MEO management envisaged when they called for the cash. We simply must wait to see if that eventuates.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.