ADY 0.00% 0.8¢ admiralty resources nl.

thinking rationally, page-11

1. 11,694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 558
    News, thanks for starting up a thread that at least tries to make sense out of the situation. I don't blame PT or ADY for this, its all due to the credit squeeze.

Here is an example of just how hard it is for businesses to get any loans now. This business owner managed to get saved by his clients who lent him the required funds.

30 September 2008 - By BARBARA PINTO - Money

Even with great credit, banks have denied Dave Hall's request for a loan. He needed $50,000 to buy the airplane parts without which his entire company turns into furniture. To survive, his unusual business found an unusual solution.

"We actually went to several of our clients, and they believe in what we did, and they gave us the loan we needed," Hall said about his alternative business model in these rough times.

It's not just small businesses that are struggling. Big companies are also at risk. Analysts are keeping a close eye on those that borrowed heavily and now need loans to survive.

Major companies, like the restaurant chain Sbarro, Dollar Thrifty car rentals, mattress maker Sealy and the Realogy, the parent company of realtors Century 21 and Coldwell Banker, all face a tight economic squeeze.

So at least ADY got itself out of the frying pan and NOT into the fire. I think analysts will give ADY a tick for that providing they can also explain how they intend to move forward in this difficult economic environment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.