WCL 0.00% 39.5¢ westside corporation limited

this company any good?, page-12

1. 6,312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2511
    a) Have they been engaging companies (at home or o/s) with the technology that can help them with their problems?

WCL have mainly been developing the tech in-house from what I understand. They had some very knowledgeable guys on staff. Unfortunately even Santos, with all their billions, haven't managed to crack tight CSG. So it's still trial and error.

Low cash is no excuse either, with the assets they have.

I don't agree with that at all. Low cash is exactly the problem. Nobody wants to take on the risk of tight gas in a CSG market that has been dead since 2009. That's why they've all been "going through the motions" as you put it - WCL, BUL, COI and MEL. There's no interest and no money. WCL at least has producing assets, unlike the rest, so I have hope for them in the future.

b) If they have these problems, have they been developing their other sites to make up for lacklustre numbers in Gladstone?

What other sites? There aren't any others with any prospectively.

It's all about Meridian for WCL. The other assets in Qld CSG still remaining, across the board, are the absolute dregs. Everything worth chasing was bought out prior to 2009. And Meridian itself is not a great asset - which should give you an indication of how bad the rest is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.