this explains sooooo much, page-4

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Interesting concept. Have read up on it and it does explain a lot including many of the attitudes on this forum lol.

The dogmatic know it alls with extremist views are possibly good examples of what Dunning/Kruger are talking about. Have read all about it and they are probably right, as compassionate open minded people like myself often have doubts and continually question whether I am on the right track whereas the supremicist types reckon they know more than anyone including scientists and more highly educated people than they. The dogmatic extremists will malign people who are considered brilliant by the very intelligent if they dont fall into their own frame of thinking. They call intelligent highly educated people dumb, idiots, morons, stooges, moles. Theres a couple of journos who are inclined in that regard but I suspect they are just pandering to their know it all extremist audience. They know how to squeeze a buck playing on peoples prejudices come to think of it theres a Liberal politician that does that pretty well too.

Just for balance in terms of politics it would follow that the dogmatic extremists on all sides of the political spectrum could be suffering from the Dunning/Kruger effect. But what would I know Im just a self doubting senior past his prime. I realise what I say may be dumber than dumb. Dont blame me if you havent put me on ignore.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.