Excellent, excellent work Ctindale.What it is showing is that...

1. 1,355 Posts.
    Excellent, excellent work Ctindale.

What it is showing is that each country has its own rhythms not too disimilar to Japan of recent times and maybe what we are witnessing is the US power shift to China? Would you conclude this also?

Do you believe that the Australian markets will or will not suffer to the same degreee as US and European markets?

Do you believe that the turn-around from a Bull market bottom is ~3-4 years?

And that the turn-around from an economic perspective is longer 5-7 years?

And from a market perspective even longer to reach prior tops ~30 years?

What do you think of Professor Shiller's work on Irrational Exhubrence?

I also agree with Kondriatieff waves (in part) to explain the larger picture.

KG we all want to be Bulls but you can't be a Bull when the matador is holding a sledge hammer. Remember your post on this thread 23rd October? The markets have deflated 24% since then...

All we are trying to do is to rationalise when the Bear market will no longer be a Bear market and not beforehand so we do not get our paws caught in its traps. Please do not bait with cynicism.

As to your comment that Peter Shiller has said that housing prices have flattened could you provide some evidence of this please? This is the last interview I have found

Extract:

Shiller: House Prices Still Way Too High
    Posted Feb 23, 2009

When Yale professor Robert Shiller stopped by recently to discuss Obama's housing fix, I also asked him about the housing market in general.

Specifically, where are we in this historic price collapse? Finally nearing the bottom?

Not a chance, said professor Shiller--unless the government finds some way to miraculously levitate prices again.

Despite the 25 percent nationwide decline since the 2007 peak, U.S. house prices have still only fallen halfway to fair value. So whatever you think of Obama's plan, don't count on a quick housing-market turnaround.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.