XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

this is a bubble

1. 8,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374
    Be careful bulls, look at any chart and please tell me this is not a bubble. How many stocks made bearish reversal patterns yesterday only to make new highs today? This is not normal. And it's not like it's a few sectors. It's all sectors, which is completely ridiculous. Banks, materials, energy, gold, commodities, industrials......how they all can run together is stupid. Heck, banks are performing like growth stocks.

Read in the Courier-Mail today......and read these quotes carefully. I might just be a loser bloke sitting at Uni but if fund managers are starting to wake up to the fact this is a bubble then we are nearing The END.

"As one collegue comments this morning, when BHP rises 15% in a month and then 4% in a day the train is arriving at the station. We have travelled already. Better to travel than arrive."

This is my favourite quote I've read in some time and so so true.

"Another observes that when stock prices are moving on a daily basis by amounts you would be happy with over months then boom has turned to bubble and it's getting dangerous"

This is what I have been saying for some time. Look at the return in March and now beginning of April. Look at the return since October lows. Annualize these returns and it is clear this is a dangerous bubble.

Yes bulls will get upset at me. Sure I am just a fool, doom-sayer, pillow biter, whatever. In fact, I am just a rational capitalist who knows that a annualized real return of about 7% on stocks is good. What you see now is not that. Any rational person can see this. Bulls are so caught up in their buying frenzy and high adrenalin that all bears are just idiots now.
    That's fine, whatever. Just have put protection and be careful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.