This is a very important message for those who do not know God., page-267

1. 23,801 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Oh poor whereu, the temptation it would seem, got the better of him, so he had to peek at or track wotsup's words of Truth smile.png

"He doesn't realise that if Jesus were mortal he would not be living forever."

Oh the Poor deluded whereu, cannot tell what the word "was" following means.
    "Jesus was mortal."
    Passed tense Drrrr, before he was raised, is Clearly what I said.

Acts 2:24 - whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

So that is why the prior mortal man, now lives forever, Drrrrrrrrr lol.

So Jesus set the stage for us, the mortal, as he was the firstborn mortal to be raised from the dead Col 1:18.
    1 Cor 15:53 - For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. hmm rolleyes.png

What is this incorruptible bringing immortality ->
    1 Peter 1:23 - Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
    --------------
    "Philippians 2:
    6 Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!

Jesus was in very nature God and then took on the nature of a servant in human likeness."

Oh don't you just Love this passage of pure desperation by the Goats. wink.png
    Next time, use the whole truth and quote from verse 1.

There is absolutely NO hint in these passages, that it is referring to a pre-existing Jesus giving up something, it is speaking of Jesus in the here and now of their times and from what they saw and heard.

"Nature of God"= Deu 18:18 - I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
    John 1:1...........and God (Father) was the Word.
    Jesus was raised in the word, so when he expressed them out, he became the express image of the God and Fathers person = Word, The Word, hence he was named after the Father -> The Word of God. (Heb 1:3 KJV, John 14:10, Rev 19:13).
    (John 14:10, Jesus credits the words coming out of him, as the God and Father doing his works, dwelling in him).

Acts 2:22 - Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know. (accept Whereu lol)

Matt 28:18 - And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power (authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

John 4:24 - God is Spirit = The Holy.
    John 3:34 - For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for (because Luke 4:18) God does not give the Spirit by measure.

SO, IT IS VERY CLEAR AS TO HOW AND WHY HE APPEARED IN THE NATURE AND FORM OF GOD AND THAT WAS NOT BECAUSE HE WAS GOD, OR THAT HE PRE-EXISTED.
    ---------------
    "being made in human likeness."

Just as the opener of Luke clearly shows.
    There is absolutely ZERO hint here, that he was reduced from something greater and made like a human and to ADD such, is to simply do that, ADD with zero grounds to do so.
    ---------------
    "And being found in appearance as a man,"

As he couldn't be found any other way, as a 2nd Adam Man, he is and has always been and Luke tells you that, LOUD and CLEAR as well as the other two gospels.
    -----------------
    "Jesus was in very nature God for the reasons clearly outlined above and then took on the nature of a servant in human likeness. Because -> he did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

(I crossed out your corruption, as he did not take on human likeness, as he has only ever been human and that human is coming again).

John 14:28 - You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for
    My Father is greater than I.
    -------------------------
    The writer of your Phil quote, is definitely drawing upon the Man Jesus in the here and now of their times, who had the nature and form of God, for all the reasons outlined above and more, as per the Bible.
    But Jesus, rather than big noting himself with all the things that had been bestowed on him etc, became like one of the least of them as per what the Phil writer is drawing upon, following; (confirming the Jesus in the here and now, Man and NOT some imaginary created pre-existing Jesus).

John 3:14, 15 - If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.
    For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

Phil 2:5 - Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.