Due to Jesus's quote in John, it would appear that the Father...

1. 27,403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Due to Jesus's quote in John, it would appear that the Father foreknew the end results, or may have predestined it and that info was passed on to Jesus.
    That's what I was saying in different words.
    If this were true God would known that Jesus would be resurrected after his crucifixion so death would be a temporary condition and not really death but a terrible weekend.

Predestination is an interesting subject because it implies the absence of choice and this would also apply to God because if he had accurate knowledge of future events, these events could not change through choice because if they were changed God's knowledge of the future would not be perfect.
    As you might say: Houston, we have a problem.

There is absolutely nothing here (Heb 2:9) to suggest, he was made lower (reduced) from something higher beforehand, so we cannot ADD that notion.
    Hebrews 2:
    9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

Are you suggesting being made lower for a little while does not count?
    OK, I understand because I suggest that Jesus being dead for a little while doesn't count as being dead.
    According to these verses Jesus made himself lower.
    Philippians 2
    5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!

---
    Although those who crucified him did so as a common criminal but we can relax because that was only temporary.
    Gone on Friday, back by Sunday.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.