This is a very important message for those who do not know God., page-309

1. 23,969 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    There is absolutely nothing here (Heb 2:9) to suggest, he was made lower (reduced) from something higher beforehand, so we cannot ADD that notion.
    Hebrews 2:
    9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

"Are you suggesting being made lower for a little while does not count?"

You have just shown, proven, that sadly we can't just pick up any Bible and take it on face value.

2:9 - But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

That's the KJV and many others and supported by the Interlinear -> no - "a little while".
    Imo, even if one wanted to insist on the words - " a little while" - then foreknowing the end results as we both have touched on, Jesus being only around 33 yrs of age, in the big scheme of things, would certainly be deemed as "a little while".
    ---------------
    Philippians 2
    5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!

"According to these verses Jesus made himself lower."

I put it to you, that Jesus did no such thing and these verses have Zero to do with a pre-existing Jesus, but the Jesus of the here and now of the times, as they saw and heard of him.
    I covered this in another post to you, I think it was on this thread, and it should not be to far away, if you are at all interested in what I say the Bible shows us.
    At the very least, if it works better for you, it is also an alternative view and imo, it has more Bible support than the view that you're suggesting.

I may have thrown a few antics or whatever at you, toss that aside and don't let that cloud your judgement, assessment of it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.