AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

This is Africa, page-21

1. 331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 629
    Agree with most of your post Amovatio.

Many acknowledge the importance of this week’s Zijin matter but I still think its significance is being understated - to my mind, the jurisdictional challenge by AVZ, if successful, nullifies all other ICC matters involving Zijin, leaving only the open & shut Dathomir case to sort out & the DRC ICSID matter to disappear following the granting of the ML.

I think the chances of a serious takeover offer by the time the AGM rolls around is low - the Board have repeatedly expressed their preference to go mining (although you’d forgive them for changing their position on this), & I also think the way things stand at the moment makes us unapproachable as a takeover target despite the size of the resource.

DRC corruption is an issue, but I’m not convinced how far it extends. I’m hopeful things have played out the way they have out of political necessity, that Felix needs to let this play out in the courts, & that once our 75% ownership of Dathcom is settled, we’ll be on our way to mining. Maybe then a takeover might be on the table.

Great post, although I think you’ll be modded for replying to a modded post once mine is taken down.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.