This is an Australian?, page-96

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Thanks for that article Ben. It does highlight some very legitimate problems/issues.

Being ever an optimist I drew on the following from the quoted statistics
    which on the surface are quite worrying. However, I guess the positives
    are:

-that while One in five Muslims in Britain never enter a non-Muslim house could that mean that four out five Muslims do;

-39 per cent of Muslims, male and female, say a woman should always obey her husband. Does that mean 61% of Muslim’s don’t believe in that.

-31 per cent of British Muslims support the right of a man to have more than one wife. I guess the implications of that statistic is that 69% don’t believe in that practice.

-52 per cent of Muslims did not believe that homosexuality should be legal; I would have thought even more would be against given the teachings they put forward. 48% don’t agree and that means some Muslims are challenging hardline beliefs. Good to see.

-23 per cent of Muslims support the introduction of Sharia law rather than the laws laid down by parliament. This infers that 77% of Muslims don’t support Sharia law that is pushed down their throats by the fundamentalist clerics.

Given that for other than the gay issue there are majorities that take a more liberal approach and even on the gay issue there are nearly half that want legality there is scope that over time the fundamentalist view will be overtaken in even greater numbers by those with a more moderate application of Islam. At least thats what I hope as would any thinking person.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.