IMU 2.04% 4.8¢ imugene limited

This is getting serious, page-26

1. 1,944 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1204
    When I first bought into IMU, the SP was obviously on a downward spiral, as every graph I looked at, looked like a GPS 4wd downhill map! I researched all about Imugene, the science, what they were aiming for, and read up on endless amounts of comments on HC dating back 2 years prior, to gauge for myself just exactly what I would be getting myself in for by taking the plunge. I also researched numerous other bio tech stocks, and soon realised that out of all them, the only one looking at the Cancer issue, with any real prospects for future success, IMO was Imugene. Yep like many others, I too have lost loved ones to cancer and Mesothelioma (asbestos).

There were others I could have got into but based on the SP I seemed to have missed the boat. I knew bio tech stocks were extremely high risk. There was a 50/50 chance of the SP continuing downward or going back up. That did not concern me too much. It was BIO-TECH and I realised it was not like other stocks. It doesn’t fit the mould of a stock for bringing in dividends, or growth like a mining stock or like a Google, Amazon, or Tesla.

So it only came down to one reason I wanted in. It has potential for massive sudden explosive price increase upon sale or licensing out to a Big Pharma, or by some strategic genius, taking a product to the market themselves (less likely but just as attractive).

So that then brings me to this question. Why, just why, did so many people on here buy into IMU if they were expecting dividends or constant or gradual uphill SP rise? Yes, granted, nobody does expect or want a SP to do nothing but drop, but that risk has always existed. Did you not seek advice or gauge your own risk appetite? I feel strongly for those who are looking at large paper losses, but at this time it is a paper loss until you choose to turn it into a real damaging financial loss. Just my own experience here, but I have in the past looked at non performing Companies with NO prospects or poor fundamentals, and sold at a loss to ‘re-balance’ and put what was left from selling it, onto a better stock, but after careful due diligence. This has helped now to balance my portfolio more, while I now wait for Imugene to take us to the finish line. Yep I have a large IMU paper loss too, but IMO the fundamentals of the Company, and their aims, are still to this day, taking me on a journey I want to continue. I am investing long term and could not give a crap about making shorters wealthy or conspiracy theories about larger companies trying to take out money. It may be true but I don’t take it personally. They are not taking my money.

I don’t give a hoot who has or hasn’t made money on the BOD either. They don’t pay my bills, or make my investment decisions for me. So I am happy with the status quo. Good luck to all of you, make your own choices. Hope they are good ones. Sincerely. In relation to the CR, I don’t have any financial expertise so I cannot gauge its merits. I hate seeing the SP fall more, but I will personally like to add more units to my tally. Go IMU.

Oh, I’ve already said hello to WMHB, but again, missed his input, and yesterday was awesome reading. Thanks
    Last edited by Gajet: 22/08/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.