PEK 2.78% 17.5¢ peak rare earths limited

I'm inclined to agree. There's too much at stake here, and I...

1. sjl
    1,209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    I'm inclined to agree. There's too much at stake here, and I would be extremely surprised - and concerned - if the SML doesn't come through in the next two to three weeks.

All that I was saying in my post is that it's remiss of us, as investors, to tout the upside of the project without at least noting the potential downside as well. For all that this share looks like a slam dunk to relatively quick profits (why else would I be holding, when my current average buy-in is around 4 cents?), there is that possibility that things will go sour quickly. Looking purely at the upside gives a distorted view of things; it's every investor's responsibility to be aware of the downside potential as well, no matter how unlikely it might seem.

That's not downramping. That's an appropriate caution and awareness, so that we can make as close to a fully informed decision to buy, sell, or hold, based upon our individual appetites for risk. There are strong reasons to believe that the SML is likely to come through very soon - but there is nonetheless the reasonable possibility that it won't. I'll never tell somebody to invest in something without making sure that they understand and appreciate the potential downside, as well as the upside. Focusing solely on the upside is irresponsible, IMO, and that's why I wanted to note those specific dates - to inject that note of caution, not out of a belief that most people here are unaware, but out of a desire to make sure that anybody who isn't aware has the opportunity to recognise it.

Fingers crossed for news before ANZAC Day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $47.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.5¢ $11.87K 65.99K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 585404 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 13596 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.