PEK 7.84% 23.5¢ peak rare earths limited

long time holder of pek for 10+ years , i pop in time to time on...

1. 382 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    long time holder of pek for 10+ years , i pop in time to time on here to read thoughts, some good content lately in any case this is my spin on the chinese fears some have entertained on here. my previous exploration stock was extract resource which was eventually taken over by a chinese company in Namibia , there was concerns though with a Russia company called Rosatom, which a delegation whom visited the government in Namibia and overtones that EXT should be handed to them - one factor was historical support of Namibia war for independence this back door of a world class asset never came to be and soon after fukushima disaster the company ended up in chinese hands - discounted i believe approx 25% prior the nuclear meltdown, Them are the breaks , as was just poor timing for a nuclear meltdown to happen during a takeover.

Nuclear and rare earths have some similarities in respect to the scope of customers although one imagines nuclear to have a smaller scope of the two.

The chinese trying to muscle in on the ownership of peak seems to me far fetched for a few reasons, first it would be far easier from all viewpoints to just put an offer on the table when we where sitting back at 3 to 5 cents range - an offer supported by the government would make it difficult for other countries/Companies to counter offer , but a 10 cent offer would have picked up a few shares from the sub 5 cent raises we have had over the past few years, from my perspective i got in originally with a small parcel at about 0.35 and have average down to 0.055 , so an increase offer price to 15 cents to me would start to look good ESPECIALLY if the government supported the takeover. The reason this method of takeover is far more realistic is because its less damaging to the government's investment stance , than just handing something over to curry favour with a country.

If peak in the next SML that receive permits isn't one of them then i will probably sell off my shares, because time is off the essence when we have a limited scope of customers potential signing up to other competing projects and this hopefully has been strongly emphasized to the government we need to get on with starting this project while money is cheap and governments are supportive of invigorating industries in a covid-19 economy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
-0.020(7.84%)
Mkt cap ! $62.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 25.5¢ 23.5¢ $88.94K 356.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 37999 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 631 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
-0.020 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.5¢ 25.0¢ 23.5¢ 16155
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.