this is shocking, page-88

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    re: mccama this is shocking.perhaps true If there is a crime it is that these perpetrators aren't monitored.

When their history is revealed, it shows multiple warning signs.

They range from the typical which is bed wetting, fire starting and animal cruelty.

The combination of all three is a red alert. I have no idea why bed wetting comes into it but apparantly it does.

The point is that this is usually followed by minor antisocial behaviour before the gross acts that cause such pain.

Whether these individuals can be helped, I don't know but they should be watched closely.

That doesn't mean every act can be avoided but some mitigation should be achieved.

I know we can rail against the perpetrators as evil but in many cases they have no idea why they act as they do and have limited control of their actions.

Many ask to be executed or castrated because they are appalled by their actions and don't want to reoffend.

I don't offer this as an excuse but we do ourselves a disservice to just label deviants as evil without trying to understand the mechanisms that lead to this behaviour.

We can eliminate them our try to anticipate the outcomes and try to prevent them.

Surely prevention is better than cure and cure is better than elimination.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.