"points taken on board pinto.... yet you still seem to m its the...

1. 80,768 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

"points taken on board pinto.... yet you still seem to m its the mark when you describe the direction we head as 'stupid'...." difficult understanding you there

"we remain a democracy and each has the right, and the smarts, to think for themselves. and your diatribe is what makes inclusive democracy the best solution."

I am now of the opinion that democracy as we practice it - even if it were not polluted by business influences -------------- is a very bad idea

do I believe in democracy - as in something like 'gov by the people, for the people and, of the people'?? -

yes, at this stage - I'm still prepared for that experiment to go on.

however --

1. I think people are too stupid to elect leadership

2. I think that people who run for political office -are often people with mental issues and power issues

3. that the election process is deeply deeply flawed

4. that government as it runs - is deeply deeply flawed

I would like to see (can't say that there's much hope) -- that we have no election process, nor elected representatives.

I would like to see citizens chosen to serve by ballot - when chosen, that they pass basic checks for mental stability, basic skills like the ability to understand concepts and systems etc.

that those people then represent their areas and govern their nation or state or whatever it is they are part of.

I would not allow lobbying of any kind at all - submissions from people and organisations - yes, - but no contact and absolutely never any gifts or trips or similar - a total and complete no no. With huge repercussions for attempts to do such.

Almost all problems I see with the way democracy runs - are from the election process.

Cut that out and cut out lobbying and gifting ---------- and, those problems evaporate.

from there - see how things go for a few decades.

Now - there of course - is one big garlic fart in our small elevator --------------- technological change - which - IMO - at the pace of it - IMO - we will need huge amounts of new legislation and redoing of legislation in the near future - and more and more as we go on -

that's a big fly in the ointment - because I can not see ANY government run by humans being able to handle that workload ------ democracy or not, elections or not -

I don't have an answer for that one yet.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.