anyone who assumes that hotcopper writers represent the...

1. 17,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    anyone who assumes that hotcopper writers represent the community at large is spending far too much time on it and not mixing with others.

i find the extreme versions of reality that get posted quite different from my normal conversations. I sometimes wonder if writing, free from the burden of sensible social restraint does that especially when engaged in an exchange with someone whose views I find offensive. I’m not sure I’d ever be quite so strident even though I can be direct.

the best antidote to a sense of calamity is to talk to normal everyday people, to rest, to have fun, to do something that gives a sense of achievement. To see the good in others. to notice that even some whose views seem unlike our own appear to be decent humans with a sense of humour to lead a useful life where we make a contribution to others.

there is calamity and misery to be found everywhere if we want to see it.

the other option is to check out any medication if we are taking it.

since one poster has regularly spruiked the value of one particular drug I’m posting the warnings as well. Maybe someone who knows them will pass it on.

Warning: Serious Neuropsychiatric EventsSerious neuropsychiatric (NP) events have been reported in patients taking montelukast. The types of events reported were highly variable, and included, but were not limited to, agitation, aggression, depression, sleep disturbances, suicidal thoughts and behavior (including suicide). The mechanisms underlying NP events associated with montelukast use are currently not well understood.Because of the risk of NP events, the benefits of montelukast may not outweigh the risks in some patients, particularly when the symptoms of disease may be mild and adequately treated with alternative therapies.

or
    These data demonstrate that montelukast is associated with neuropsychiatric adverse drug reactions such as depression and aggression

taking a drug because you’ve read it seems to prevent dementia in rats is not a good idea when you aren’t a rat. There is now increasing evidence that long term use is unhelpful for mental health. These effects appear to last after usage has ceased for some people.

vitamin d is more useful

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.