If you want to focus on 3 stories and then claim our whole...

1. 46,180 Posts.
    If you want to focus on 3 stories and then claim our whole society is breaking down, I politely and genuinely suggest you ring lifeline.

It's all too easy to focus on the negative, the bad things, and then it becomes a negative feedback loop that sends you into an anxious and depressed state.

Just look at all the good in our society.

Here's a few to get started,

NDIS. People with disabilities getting more recognition and support.

Aged care. Same, improvements being made.

Culture in workplaces. A lot of work being done to expose and remove discrimination, harassment, bullying etc.

Same sex marriage. I voted against it but the majority wanted it so fair enough. Democracy.

Aboriginal recognition. I won't vote for it but whatever the outcome at least people had a say. Democracy.

We have regulations for health, safety and environment that didn't exist years ago.

Technology continues to advance with medical treatment, communication, renewable energy etc.

I can see a time in the not too distant future where all our energy needs are renewable or nuclear, all fossil free anyway.

I can see a time when almost all genetic diseases will be eliminated, people will live decent length lives with few health issues.

I can see a time when Australian society is more fair, inclusive and just.

Loom forward pintohoo, yes there will be stumbles and setbacks but there's never been a better time to be alive than right now, and overall it will get better and better for those that come after us.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.