I have spent some time in most Australian capital cities. Most...

1. 2,780 Posts.
    I have spent some time in most Australian capital cities. Most recently, Adelaide last week.

I see a lot of homeless people where ever I go. Mostly caucasians. The indigenous people seem to have their hostels or similar. Mental health issues are also rampant in disadvantaged parts of our society.

On that note, the news that Labor were going to put some 400 "asylum seeker" families in Army houses in a small town in the Adelaide Hills came out while I was in Adelaide. Apparently, Gillard was in town the day before, speaking to Premier Rann. Did not mention a word to him about the "project" before announcing it in the media. Rann didn't even know about it!!!

How's that for "co-operation"????

Whilst I am dead against having children in detention centres, Labor is really continuing to make a rod for its own back, and ours as well for that matter, for virtually having no effective policies on asylum seekers.

The people will continue to come. People smugglers will continue to make bucket loads of cash from desperate people.

Gillard and Labor will continue to be weak and show no leadership.

It will all keep going, because if you do nothing, well, nothing changes!!!

And, back to the little, previously quiet town, in the Adelaide Hills. They are now worried about security, increased demand for limited education and health facilities, transport,etc etc.

Oh, that's right. The residents can be assured that Gillard and Labor have it all in hand. No worries then.

cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.