AWB 0.00% $1.50 awb limited

this is what will hit them! , page-7

1. 642 Posts.
    re: this is what will hit them! - doubt it Well Yellowcake, you may just get your chance to sell to who you choose to because the govt may remove the AWB's monopoly power over the industry ... many have been lobbyed for a while on this from my understanding.
    But, the reason I put that article up is to highlight something which hits the shareprice - poor sales. While this enquiry can't be good for the AWB's reputation, there needs to be evidence of money loss to satisfy the market to drive the share price down, and if they can't sell their wheat to key countries then this will impact on their cashflow and profit/loss sheets, which ultimately force a re-rating of the share price. I did read that Merril Lynch suggested catastrophic results for AWB coming out of this inquiry. They suggested it could destroy the company. That's why I'm getting lined up to go short in it.
    Finally, I notice that the stock behaves differently, because of the ownership of farmers. Movement downward when bad news comes out doesn't occur as much as it would with other companies. I wonder if it will fall as much as what we think when this bad news comes out? Maybe the institutional and professional investors will decide the AWB share price for the farmers who hold. I suspect that this will be tha case, as the instos and pros did for all the mum and dad Telstra holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AWB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.