Well I must surely be an oddball because in the late 90's I was...

1. 1,282 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Well I must surely be an oddball because in the late 90's I was paying around $80K tax a year which was the least I could pay legally after putting max in two personal wages keeping tax close to company rates , two super accounts then paying tax on the wages super and company etc without having to employ a mob of thieves to manipulate the system and have to keep looking over my shoulder - and quite honestly it did not concern me the slightest because I looked at it this way.

When one considers what I was pocketing AFTER TAX I should have been happy to support legitimate people less well off than I was. I just looked at what I was left with after tax and never gave tax any further thought. And it allowed me to retire under 50. And honestly I think anyone who doesn't pay a decent amount of tax when they earn a decent pay are mean spirited greedy grubs who don't appreciate just how fortunate they have been. Many people today are paid excessive money for what they do - and yes I hear the bulldust argument (which I used to agree with till it was proven a complet crock) that those wages have to be paid to attract the right people. Well if that is true please explain how it is possible that these high paid people in many public companies, politicians, public service jobs, and a thousand other places are such woefully incompetent dishonest cretins who I wouldn't employ in a million years. Sure good people must be paid reasonably but it is all now radically out of kilter.

Would I do it any different today - not a chance. I never once in my life was even questioned by tax department because I clearly paid correct taxation and slept soundly. Someone has to pay the tax and I believe the high earners and shark companies shifting money around the globe are the ones who should pay.

I am not greedy like some and appreciate my fortunate position - simple as that. I think it is time for the fortunate to do a bit of self assessment and think of others for a change and stop belly aching so much.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.