NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Burnhi.The information that is given to the ASX and then...

1. 1,047 Posts.
    Burnhi.

The information that is given to the ASX and then retransmitted has three different mechanisms. Each possibly slower than the previous.

First: Squawk Box (someone screams out the headline), mostly only brokers have this.

Second: Fax converted to PDF and sent almost immediately and conversion from fax to PDF is automatic. Sanford, and ASX website push this feed out (this is what was first reported on HC).

Thirdly: Someone sorts through the ASX announcements (price sensitive first), and re-types the fax into a text document which is then sent out as a text file to most online brokers, reuters etc.

If your trading speculative stocks then you need to monitor at least the PDF feed. Can do this via the ASX site if you keen, or I have set up a SMS message system on Sanford everytime a release comes out!.

I think I was one of the first to post that it was water, Dive Dive Dive!.

And I wasn't even seriously watching the stock.

But I bet I read the announcement at least 1/2 hour before it trickled out as a text message.

I know Sanford (and affiliated systems) has the PDF feed although not sure how many others do.

Your money your decision

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.