LYC 0.33% $6.07 lynas rare earths limited

this looks a winner but what are the key risks, page-3

1. 423 Posts.
    Mrgw -

You've got a pretty good handle on things there. In terms of the risks, Port/Rail congestion is not an issue, I believe, because we're talking relatively small amounts - 10,000 tonnes of ore is peanuts compared to iron or coal.

There are 2 key risks that I see, you've got one of them (costs of inputs, both chemical and energy), and you've got the other one, sorta.

The industry is highly concentrated, dominated by the Chinese. Increased production at the Chinese mines could, potentially, flood the market thereby reducing mines. There is (at least) one poster on this forum for whom this is a virtual certainty in the next year or two - I forget whom, I have him on Ignore now.

While this is a risk, I don't believe it's likely. Similarly, the discovery of another source is also unlikely. REE often occur together with radio-active elements (Thorium specifically), most deposits are difficult to mine. Mt Weld is very "clean" in that sense.

I'm very bullish on LYC - I missed selling at $1.60 in June by 3 cents, but I'm sure I'll get another crack at it!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.07
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $5.673B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.08 $6.09 $6.02 $35.62M 5.828M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 298927 $6.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 30108 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.