LYC 0.77% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

fontenay - lets not be silly, i understand risk/return, hence...

1. 79 Posts.
    fontenay - lets not be silly, i understand risk/return, hence the reason i am discussing it. I want to discuss it to make sure i am not missing anything (of which a couple of points have already been raised). There are so many good stories and value propositions at the moment, the only way to differentiate them is to assess the risk.

bridge baron - thanks for the input. I understand that the Chinese seem to have control over the market. I see that LYC is trying to downplay this risk and even suggest China will further restrict production & exports of their own RE. Is there any independent views on this? Its not that i dont trust the Chinese, i just know they are ruthless in business and may do what they can to shut out any new comers in the industry (ie temporarily flood the market with supply)

regan - thanks as well. I had missed the fact that they were transporting so little... was looking at ore figures and not concentrate... I agree that the building of the plant is very susceptible to delays in Malaysia... do we think the company timeframe for getting it up and running is realistic? also do you think the company will/should be in discussions with acid suppliers even on an informal basis...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.050(0.77%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.51 $6.59 $6.49 $8.348M 1.273M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 16304 $6.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 2708 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.