MBP 3.23% 3.0¢ metabolic pharmaceuticals limited

Krapov, I hope you didn't make too much of my attempt at...

1. 5,260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 242
    Krapov, I hope you didn't make too much of my attempt at hyperbole. But I do think that the company's behavior and actions have brought out a bit of righteous anger and intemperate words from a fair number of posters.

I lost quite a bit of money on this company, and basically, I look at the investment as a write off. I have sonsidered selling off my remaining holding, but frankly, it is worth so little, that in the scheme of things, it doesn't make that much difference. So I'll hang onto it.

I suppose that if I sold it and there was a miraculous development, I would regret selling. And, it would take a miracle of sorts. These guys have basically NO credibility.

Like you, I was outraged at the absolutely amateuish and callous way the AVC1 announcement was made. Even short of a full publishing of the results of the clinical trial, I would like to see something more than the kind of terse announcement that we saw.

This is especially true considering that the particular receptors targeted by ACV1 are a very primitive cellular structure found essentially unaltered in organisms from worms to mammals.

My biotech consultant was VERY surprised when ACV1 didn't work in humans. She commented to me that even if the nicotinic acetylcholne receptor in humans was different from that in all these other animals, it could NOT be very different or it would not function as a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, and that they should have undertaken research to determine just what was going on - possibly a small modification to the ACV1 molecule - maybe just a tweak - would make it work. But there was NO such indication from the company. These remain unanswered qquestions. The potential of conotoxins remains. Somebody WILL exploit this.

Too bad.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.