OXR oxiana limited

this $price for oxr now and in the future

1. SCD
    3,438 Posts.
    Hi OXR shareholders,

It has always amazed me how some people just pull figures out of the air (like $3 in 3 years or next year or whatever). Most times, they have done a "back of a fag packet" calculation on the headline price of copper or gold or both. Really have they considered costs to construct a mine, costs or running a mine or costs of running the business. And even less often do they consider future capex requirements, share/options issues and the dilution that they have on valuations per share.

I have always found that a Discounted Cash Flow valuation is the best method of arriving at current and target valuations for mining companies.

IMO, and here I am speaking conservatively, my DCF suggests that (based on current state of play) OXR is worth on a FULLY DILUTED basis a value around $1.04-$1.07 per share, and should achieve this value somtime within the next 6 months.

Over the next 18 months to two years, my DCF values them around $1.60 +/- 10% per share.

Over the next 3 years, my DCF values them around $2.00 +/- per share.

Hope this information provides you with an "eyes on the future, feet on the ground" realism.

NB: there is upside in the commodity prices, exploration programme, resource / reserve revaluation. Also note, OXR will be releasing a revised resource/reserve statement in the next 10 days. As OXR is trading significantly under its current valuation, I believe there is little downside in the current sp.

All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.