URA 5.56% 1.7¢ uran limited

Interesting sentiment srixon and juqu regarding AUS uranium...

1. 429 Posts.
    Interesting sentiment srixon and juqu regarding AUS uranium shares. I guess I have had the same feelings which you have helped clarify.

I only got into U stocks last October. I'd missed the Paladin story and wanted to get in on stocks near the the ground floor.

My first two buys (on the same morning) were AGS and EME. Believe it or not I sold out in the early days of this Jan. having made a return unheard of for me. I was very nervous about losing that. Even then I didn't fully comprehend the up coming U story (perhaps I'll come to regret not retaining a holding in those two).

However, also in October and through November I got some NTU, WHE, WMT, and URA. The last three for their exposure outside of Australia (among other reasons I also try and keep to those with a small no. of shares on issue).

Furthermore, an important question for me is when does the company turn a profit, i.e. actually produce ? WHE and URA are two that have given estimates.

Since buying I've just been been plain lucky with the partners that have hooked up with NTU and WMT (I intially bought WMT for its exposure to Africa).

Anyhow one of the reasons I sold out of AGS and EME was to increase my holdings in those other stocks with plays outside of Oz. (quite simply I don't have a limitless
    supply of money to cover vast numbers of stock).

Two weeks ago I did buy into one more Oz stock : CUY.
    Seemed to good to miss for its production story - in fact I can't believe that the market hasn't reacted more strongly. I've researched it to death - perhaps I missed the class giving 101 reasons to avoid ?

So, I'm wary of AUS uranium explorers....of course time could prove me dead wrong !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.