AMP 0.19% $1.29 amp limited

amp - simply tax-loss selling I see that there are quite a few...

1. 97 Posts.
    amp - simply tax-loss selling
    I see that there are quite a few strong opinions on this stock, and never the twain shall meet, but as far as I am concerned, the simple logic of this is (let's forget all the emotions and technicals/charting etc here for a minute), is that the property market was still very strong at the start of this financial year, and a lot of people have made very large capital gains. Now, people are naturally greedy, and hate to pay the tax man, so they look for tax-losses.
    I am quite sure there are a lot of long term AMP share holders who bought the stock at $20 and above because their 'expert' brokers told them AMP was a great investment (albiet several years ago), who now see a lovely way to keep some of their money away from Mr TaxMan by selling this fin. year, and will simply by back in again at around the same price in the new fin. year.

As illogical as it sounds, this selling off of AMP to lose monet is simply greed.

Only my humble opinion, and I expect to see the price begin to move upwards as soon as the calander clicks over into July.

Have a good day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.29
Change
-0.003(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $3.369B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.31 $1.32 $1.29 $2.439M 1.872M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 322465 $1.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.30 92712 31
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.37am 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.