VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

Past spikes in price have usually been followed by a sharp drop....

1. 18,263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1009
    Past spikes in price have usually been followed by a sharp drop. Suggestions are that we have reached that point or are near that point now. The fall is usually brought about by:
    1. Profit takers who would be happy with the return if they purchased recently and sell at todays closing price.
    2. T+3 traders who need to sell in the next day or two.
    3. Tomorrow is Friday and a lot of traders do not like to hold over the weekend with more trading after our Friday close in the rest of the trading world.
    4. Tech traders who predict a pull back.

This time there seems to be overall support for the sector.There seems to be interest from investors who have a little more confidence that the worst of the financial crisis is behind us. There seems little doubt that stocks like VPG are oversold and undervalued on an NTA basis.

In my mind this time it is different. Nervous investors that sell may regret the action. Then again I may regret not taking advantage of the "bird in the hand". However I will be holding out at this stage and waiting until The SPO is closer to or above the NTA. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.