This virus is really really nasty. I have relatives (5+) in the...

1. 2,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37

This virus is really really nasty.

I have relatives (5+) in the UK of various ages who have had it - its not just another flu.

Its a virus to be avoided at all costs.

All of my relatives survived (luckily so far) but one has ongoing effects. They went through a horrendous period when they had it.

Governments are stuck in a terrible situation with awful decisions to have to make, which is what we are seeing in action. Save jobs (and lose lives)? OR save lives?

It should also be recognised that this virus doesn’t just effect the elderly. Some younger people also get lasting detrimental effects. After 3 months my young niece (16 yo) is still struggling - she has no know underlying health issues.

My only comment (born out by the facts) is the Victorian government really stuffed up the hotel quarantine for overseas arrivals, If they’d managed it like all the other states (and NZ) did then they wouldn’t be in the mess they are now in - the flow on is affecting us all.

Once again - this is a virus to avoid like mad if at all possible so take what the governments are trying to do seriously. Even if some of them are demonstrably incompetent.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.