RIM 8.77% 6.2¢ rimfire pacific mining limited

this week, page-13

1. UFX
    1,138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 318
    madcabbie,

Getting too technical at this stage is too early but from an exploration perspective, it does look promising.

John Kaminsky and the head of exploration Colin Plumridge comment on it being a work in progress, but both comment on an expanding the mineralised area. 20kms of land adjacent to the work so far has been earmarked for intense exploration and they are working in this area, this month and August.

Looking at Appendix 4 in the announcement, its obviuous that the historic gold workings are on strike with the areas under exploration. The old saying " Gold is where you find it." You have to give some credit to the old timers because most often they indicate the best places to explore, and very often the remnant ore is very good.
    Seems like relatively cheap forms of exploration are producing the goods for RIM. Pleasing to see that the gravity survey is showing great correlation to structural units there as well. Seems like they also have a fantastic lab. I haven't seen assaying this fast in a while.

To me it seems that the deposits are not the classic Cobar type mineralisation. Cobar type mineralisation occurs in vertical pipes where grades are often not vertically affected. On the other hand its a complex area and there are many strange deposits in the belt. Closest Cobar type deposits are at Mineral Hill and possibly a newly discovered Cu, Ag deposit called half Cow very close to it about 40kns NWW. Its probably too early to call on the geology, but its obvious that the granitoids in the area have fractionated extremely well, thereby concentrating gold and platinum and there's also good scope for polymetallic deposits on the EL's.

Ari

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.