MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

this will help you sleep @ night, page-2

1. 2,886 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269
    GenY,
    From ur post early today:-

"Having said that I think another alternate possibility is the Farm-In partner may have insisted that the final 15 percent (now MOG's) be listed as opposed to private as the timing would validate this theory or something similar to this. (Who knows for sure.)

Whether it was MOG/MEO or the potential farm in partner's insistence, Artemis will now be fully listed assuming the super major taking 50 percent is listed (highly likely). IE: MEO = 20% MOG = 15% CUE = 15% SUPER MAJOR? = 50 %

So my theory is this would allow the ABILITY or OPTION for the Farminee to be able to take over 100 percent of Artemis if they could convince the other parties either before or after proving the G.I.P, or hostile take it over if it came to it. I'm not saying they would want to take over 100 percent pre-drill, just that by now having MOG take the last 15 percent of Artemis, it is now far easier to buy or take over Artemis if it does turn out to be the mother load MEO's surveys predict"

Further to your thoughts on this issue here is one possible explanation of the MOG amendment.
    If WPL is the farminee it may well want to stitch up gas processing agreements with all the parties that have an interest in Artemis prior to finalising its farm in. (Especially if competitive bids have forced it to accept less than 50%) As has been mentioned numerous times before, WPL is keen to expand the no. of trains for its Pluto development to gain maximum benefit from economies of scale. Presumably the amended agreement places MOG in a stronger legal position to commit to such an agreement. This may also explain the delay in finalising the farm in.

ANZ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.